Experience gifts for kids are great for all involved.
They create less clutter to manage, and many give families a reason to spend time together away from screens and other common distractions.
Truly, they’re a win/win, and much preferred in many households!
That said, here are 50+ awesome and affordable experience gifts for kids you can consider this holiday season.
PLEASE NOTE: This post includes affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase, we could earn commission. This comes at no expense to you as the buyer, but it keeps this blog alive. Thank you in advance for your support!
Experience Gifts for Kids Who Love to Cook
I started cooking on my own when I was about 6 years old. Sure, my parents would watch me. But they didn’t hover over me and do things for me, which helped me to develop a ton of confidence long term. That said, anything that has to do with getting kids in the kitchen early excites me! I just feel like it’s such a valuable life skill. Here are some kitchen experience gifts for kids to consider…
- Kids Cooking Classes – The Kids Table offers virtual options. Or you can support a local business that provides this service!
- Breakfast Making Bundle – Complete with Pancake Molds, Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix, and a Custom Kids Apron.
- S’mores Making Kit – You can even try one of these fun s’mores recipes.
- DIY Hot Cocoa Bomb Kit – Right now they have the “I Heart Cocoa Cocoa Bomb and Hot Chocolate Making Set” at Sam’s Club for only $20!!
Experience Gifts for Kids Who Love to Craft
There’s an entire page on the Michael’s website that’s dedicated to kids crafting! So if you need some inspiration, you can always look there. But I have lots of nieces, nephews, and cousins that vary in age, and these are the types of crafts they currently love…
- Slime Making Kit
- Rock Painting Kit
- Color Zone® Paint Your Own Turtle Kit
- Kid Made Modern Family Craft Time Nail Art Craft Kit
- Kid Made Modern Family Craft Time Tie Dye Craft Kit
- Klutz® Bath and Body Box Kit
- STMT DIY Crystal Soaps
Experience Gifts to Get Kids Out of the House
I think it’s safe to say that most kids like to get out of the house, especially during the winter months. Here are some fun experience gift ideas to consider in that regard…
- Sporting Event Tickets
- TopGolf Gift Card
- Miniature Golf Tickets
- Trampoline Park Tickets
- Indoor Skydiving Passes
- Zoo Membership
- Aquarium Passes
- Gift Card for Their Favorite Local Restaurant
- Gift Card to Their Favorite Local Treat Shop – Like their favorite bakery, ice cream spot, or even smoothie shop.
- Movie Theater Gift Card
- Passes to a Kids Museum
- Swim Lessons
- Rock Climbing Wall Tickets
- Book Store Gift Card
- Concert or Show Tickets – Like Disney on Ice!
- Camping Trip/Overnight Cabin Stay
- Roller Skating or Ice Skating Passes
- Indoor or Outdoor Ropes Course Tickets
- Passes for an Indoor or Outdoor Amusement
- Tickets to an Indoor or Outdoor Water Park – Like Kalahari Resorts.
- Arcade Gift Card
- Build-A-Bear Gift Card
- Bowling Alley Gift Card
Experience Gifts for Kids Who Love Science
There are so many great science gift sets on the market right now! Here are some affordable options that are highly rated…
- Hexbug® Vex® Robotics Pick & Drop™ Ball Machine
- Marble Mania® Catapult Marble Maze
- National Geographic™ Cool Reactions Chemistry Kit
- Crayola® S.T.E.A.M. Space Science Kit
- Creativity for Kids® Grow N’ Glow Terrarium
- National Geographic™ Dino Egg Dig Kit
Other Experience Gifts for Kid
- Camps – Think football camp, gymnastics camp, theatre camp, etc.
- Music Lessons
- Instamatic Camera – To document their adventures! Or you can do a scavenger hunt and take pictures of objects/places for every letter of the alphabet.
- Educational App
- Subscription Box – Like the educational ones created by KiwiCo. and Little Passports.
I hope these experience gift ideas help you put together some fun surprises this holiday season!
And if you’re buying for more than just kids this year, be sure to check out my gift ideas page for a bunch more ideas.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading. Come back soon!
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL FOR MORE TIPS AND TRICKS THAT’LL SAVE YOU TIME, ENERGY, AND MONEY!