I learned about Tula Skincare earlier this year when one of my blogger friends started chatting them up in her stories. Slowly but surely I started noticing other people doing the same, not just bloggers/influencers (but definitely them, too). So, naturally, I became curious. Was this stuff the real deal? Or were all of my encounters simply the result of a clever digital marketing campaign?
What I eventually learned was that it was both! Yes, Tula’s digital marketing strategy is on point. They are literally everywhere…all over my Instagram stories and Facebook feed. But the positive comments, the 5-star reviews, they’re all true. This product line is honestly incredible! It took me from feeling totally embarrassed about my skin (adult acne hit me out of nowhere at the end of 2017) to once again feeling completely confident without makeup on. So for those who are as curious as I was, I figured I’d do a little Tula skincare review. Here a breakdown of the 3 products I’ve been using daily (2x) and why I love them so much.
Tula Skincare Review
Tula Purifying Cleanser (Step #1 in my Routine; Shop)
Before making the switch, I was using a makeup removing balm, eye makeup remover and face wash just to clean my face. Tula’s Purifying Cleanser does all of that for me with one product. It gets rid of dirt and makeup, doesn’t strip or over dry the skin, and is suitable for all skin types (even my crazy sensitive skin). And all you need is one little dot of the product to get a nice, thick lather going on the skin.
Beyond that, Tula’s Purifying Cleanser contains some pretty unique ingredients that I’ve found to be just as effective as they claim. The main ones being…
- Lactic acid, which naturally cleanses and exfoliates to reveal healthy, radiant looking skin.
- Chicory root, a natural anti-inflammatory prebiotic that boosts the appearance of firmer skin.
- Turmeric root, a powerful antioxidant that helps reduce signs of inflammation.
- Blueberries, which are rich in antioxidants and help to protect from free-radical attack.
- Probiotics, which work to hydrate and lock in moisture.
Love beauty posts? Check out my Nars Liquid Blush review here.
Tula Pro-Glycolic pH Resurfacing Gel (Step #2 in my Routine; Shop)
This product essentially serves as your toner, but it is the absolute best toning product I have ever used. I love it because…
- It’s alcohol free, unlike most toners. This is HUGE because a lot of breakouts stem from dead/dry skin. So unless you have super oily skin, putting alcohol on your face could actually cause you to break out more! I’ve definitely learned that lesson the hard way.
- It contains a blend of natural probiotics and glycolic acid. These work to tone, exfoliate and remove excess dirt/oil – again, without over drying skin.
- It contains natural mushroom and beet extracts for hydration. Apparently, this combination is 400 times more hydrating that hyaluronic acid, a popular moisturizing ingredient. And I believe that because my skin has never looked/felt so quenched.
Tula Aqua Infusion Oil-Free Gel Cream (Step #3 in my Routine; Shop)
When I decided to give Tula a try, I ordered this starter kit and some one-off travel-sized items so I could “try before I buy”. For about a month I alternated between using the Aqua Infusion Oil-Free Gel Cream and the Hydrating Day and Night Cream, just for sake of comparison. I found that I preferred the gel cream because…
- It’s lighter, smoother, and more absorbent.
- It sits well under makeup (much better than the day and night cream does).
- It makes my skin glow, but it doesn’t make it look greasy.
- It contains fermented rice water, which reduces the appearance of pores.
- It contains organic prickly pear extract which hydrates, but also reduces irritation and redness.
I truly feel that this 3-step system has been a total game changer for me. In using these products 2 times per day (morning and night) over an 8-week period, I’ve found my complexion to be more firm, bright, even and calm. I honestly feel like I’ve got that “celebrity skin” quality and glow going on, and I 100% know it’s because of these products.
If you feel like you’ve “tried everything” for your skin, and nothing’s worked, do yourself a favor and give Tula a go. Or even if you just want to get into the habit of taking good care of your skin! I understand it might be an investment for some, but a little product goes a long way, and the results are truly worth every single penny.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading. I hope to see you again soon!
Have an opinion about Tula products? Or a question for me? Let’s take this conversation down to the comments!