If you have a family member or friend who prefers a clutter-free home, chances are they also prefer a clutter-free Christmas.
So if you’re shopping for them this holiday season, a great way to support their more minimalist lifestyle is to opt for a clutter-free gift – like a consumable gift!
This is a wonderful way to respect their desire to live with less, while still including them in the exchange.
To help you out, I’ve put together a list of the best consumable Christmas gifts for people like me who just don’t like having so much stuff.
Scroll down to read and shop the full consumable gift guide!
PS: If you are someone who prefers a clutter-free, consumable gift – SHARE this post on social so those shopping for you see it. There’s no harm in sending a subtle hint, lol! 😉
What is a consumable gift?
Let’s start here in case you’re not familiar.
Consumable gifts are those that can be used up. They’re something the recipient can enjoy for a period of time, but not have to designate a special space for in their home.
A consumable item can easily integrate into someone’s life without extra effort or maintenance, which is why they make great minimalist gifts.
Personally, I also love buying clutter-free gifts like this for colleagues, neighbors, and secret Santa presents. When you don’t know the recipient intimately, they’re a great option.
What are the best consumable Christmas gifts?
Personally, I think that the best consumable gifts are thoughtful and personal.
When trying to come up with a great clutter-free gift idea, you should consider a persons interests, hobbies, lifestyle and/or needs.
For example, someone who loves to cook might like a set of flavored olive oils or exotic spices.
Or Someone who loves movies might love movie tickets.
It’s definitely easier to come up with great present ideas for people that you’re close to. But knowing just a few things about the recipient – what type of food they like, what types of things they like to do, etc. – can go a long way in creating a more personalized gift.
To help get your creative juices flowing, here’s a list of consumable gift ideas for you to consider this holiday season…
PLEASE NOTE: This blog includes affiliate links from partners like Amazon Associates and LTK. If you click on one and make a purchase, we could earn commission. This comes at no expense to you as the buyer, but it supports this blog and my family. Thank you in advance for your support!
I love experience gifts because they usually require you to spend quality time with someone you love!
If you’re looking for experience gift ideas for kids, this post will certainly help you out: 50+ Awesome and Affordable Experience Gifts for Kids. It includes a bunch of awesome non-toy gift ideas with links to shop many of them.
But here are some of my favorite experience gifts for people of all ages…
- Movie Theater
- Comedy Club
- Local Theater
- Sporting Event
- Zoo / Amusement Park
- Vacation Excursion
- Golf or Mini Golf
- Indoor Park – Rock Climbing, Trampoline, etc.
- Local Gym
- Sporting Sessions – Dance classes, golf lessons, etc.
- Adventure Challenge – They sell these books for couples, families, and even friends. You use them to embark on and document fun adventures!
Click to Shop:
Food gifts are good gifts can cater to people who love to cook, drink, and/or eat. So they’re basically one of the best consumable Christmas gifts you can give.
Or you can go the extra mile and make something from scratch. If of course you have the time and energy! No judgement either way.
During the holiday season my family often gifts Coquito – a Puerto Rican eggnog type drink – in pretty glass bottles. If that’s something you’d like to try, you can get our Coquito recipe here: Papa Lou’s Authentic Coquito Recipe
Here are some other food gifts to consider…
- Hot Sauce Set or Hot Sauce Making Kit
- Sweet Treats – Cookies, brownies, a specialty cake, edible cookie dough, etc.
- Favorite Drink – Like a Whiskey Making Kit or Vodka Making Kit for 21+.
- Olive Oil Gift Set
- Gourmet Coffee Beans
- Coffee Flavorings
- Edible Arrangement
- Hot Chocolate Kit
- Fruit Basket
- Meat and Cheese Board
- Assorted Nuts
- Gourmet Popcorn
- Soup Making Kit
- Bagel Making Kit
- S’mores Making Kit – You can get extra creative by providing everything to create one of these S’mores recipes.
- Ice Cream Party Kit
- Pizza Making Kit
- Bread Making Kit
- Dinner Making Kit (A good example would be fresh noodles, sauce, bread, olive oil, vinegar, and seasonings for an Italian feast.)
- Movie Night (Popcorn, candy, drinks.)
- Brunch Gift Basket
Click to Shop:
Follow me on Instagram to see some of my favorite consumable Christmas gift ideas brought to life!
A gift basket can be a really personalized, unique gift! Think about things the recipient might use on a daily basis, then put a few of those items in a basket, box, or even a mug for small gifts.
Some great gift basket ideas to consider include…
- DIY Self Care Basket (Think bath salts, soap, lip balm, essential oils, hand lotion, face mask, etc. You can use this post for reference: This is How to Make Awesome Gift Baskets for Women – And on a Budget)
- Pre-Made Spa Gift
- Succulent Gift Box
- Hygge Gift Basket
- Travel Gift Basket – Think travel-sized products like body wash, shampoo, deodorant, dry shampoo, etc.
Click to Shop:
A lot of people tend to have a lot of down time during Christmas time, or during the winter months in general. That said, craft supplies are a great idea because they provide a few hours of indoor fun at home.
You can DIY craft kits for a specific project you know the recipient would love to work on, or you can go to a store like Michael’s and get one that’s pre-made.
Here are links to some of the best consumable Christmas gifts in the craft category….
Click to Shop:
Membership gifts are some of the best gifts because they keep on giving throughout the year!
Some really great ones include…
- Costco or Sam’s Club
- AAA – My in-laws having been gifting us a AAA membership for years and it has saved us on countless occasions!! Plus, a lot of businesses offer AAA discounts on their products and services.
- Streaming Service
- Amazon Prime
- Subscription Boxes – You could do a fun monthly subscription box, or something less frequent – think Fit, Fab, Fun, Dollar Shave Club, or LoveEvery for kids.
- Hello Fresh
- Magazine or Newspaper
- Digital Photo Storage – Like extra iCloud storage space.
- Education Website Access – Like LinkedIn Learning or Skillshare – so they can learn a skill they’ve been wanting to learn!
Some people think that gift cards are lazy, but I actually think they’re the perfect gifts because they give the recipient something to look forward to.
A gift certificate is a great consumable gift, too, as they don’t take up much space or create a bunch of clutter.
With a gift card you can buy the recipient a delicious treat of their choice, help them with a recurring expense, allow them to support one of their favorite small businesses, or all of the above.
One of my favorite things to do is give people a few of small gift cards ($5-$10) to their favorite coffee and/or lunch spots. That way they can treat themselves on my dime in the midst of a random work day.
Here are some great gift card ideas to consider…
- Ice Cream Shop
- Coffee Shop
- Smoothie Shop
- Local Grocery Store
- Local Boutique
- Gas Station
- Local Restaurant
- Beauty Salon
- Beauty Store – Like Sephora or Ulta
I can say from experience that Christmas morning is just as special when you receive a clutter-free gift.
I hope this post helps you find the best consumable Christmas gifts for the loved ones on your list.
If you have any additional ideas, please share them in the comments for all to see (no links, please).
Oh, and don’t forget to follow me on Instagram for more minimalist gift ideas and all things pertaining to more simple living.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading.
Do your best today.